Multiskilled Workshop Technician Wanted!!!
Have you just finished your studies and looking for your first role in Engineering?
Are you interested in career progression and development?
Does working for a market leader, who offer an awesome career package interest you?
Yes?… Keep Reading
Detectronic is a water monitoring specialist. We work with companies throughout the UK, Europe and rest of the world, helping to prevent flooding, reduce pollution and improve rivers and bathing water.
As a product manufacturer we design and manufacture a range of ultrasonic wastewater flow, level and water quality monitoring equipment for smart network monitoring of sewerage, wastewater and trade effluent.
As an environmental services consultant, we work with companies and government agencies to detect flooding, understand sewer capacities, identify blockages and reduce pollution events into the natural environment.
We have a team of approximately 40 and due to current expansion, are looking for a multiskilled workshop technician to join us.
Interested?… Keep reading.
You will work within the manufacturing production team operating multiple machinery types according to operational need and job allocation. Championing our standards and values to ensure the manufacture, machine operations and general production work (assembly, test, calibration, servicing and repair) is properly carried out and monitored for full traceability and of high quality.
• To have a keen natural interest in electronics.
• Must be self-disciplined, self-motivated with initiative and a team-player.
• Naturally clean, tidy and organised.
• An interest with Digital and Analogue electronics .
• Shall be conversant with the use of standard electronic test equipment (desirable not essential).
• Will be fully conversant with the use of mechanical hand tools (training will be provided).
• Fit and able bodied as the position requires some heavy lifting and cleaning down of equipment .
• Must be computer literate with Word/Excel/Outlook.
• Confident telephone manner as you will be expected to liaise with customers over the phone.
• Able to complete reports and maintain records of work carried out in accordance with our Business Management Systems, training will be given.
• Have an understanding of Health and Safety (COSHH) as there is a requirement to work with some Dangerous Substances.
• Polio and Tetanus must be in date.
• Grade C and above in Maths and English.
• In Soldering – although training will be given.
• Qualification in Electronic and Electrical Engineering is required (Desirable not essential).
• Awareness of Zone Systems for ATEX and IECEx products (although not essential)
• The ability to fault find on electronic equipment down to component level (Desirable not essential).
• Full clean driving licence is preferable but not essential, driving licence checks are carried out on all staff working for the business where applicable.
• Internal training will be provided where appropriate.
• Where required external training will also be provided.
• Salary will be dependent on experience.
• 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays for full time workers
• Accrual of one extra holiday day for every full year of service complete, capping at five days
• Free on-site parking
• Generous company contributory pension scheme
• Bi-annual bonus depending on company performance
If you’re keen to get started on your engineering career and the role above interests you, apply now as this position will be filled soon. For more details on how to apply, visit our careers page – www.detectronic.org/careers